Hue is a tropical paradise in Vietnam, which has not only a perfect coastline but also many other retreats such as marvelous waterfalls, calming streams, mysterious forest, and peaceful countryside. This small but interesting city is one of the best destinations for your summer holiday. If you still confuse about where to go and what to do in Hue, these are the best destinations in Hue that could spice up your whole holiday.
The best beaches in Hue
Hue’s beaches are the most beautiful ones in Vietnam, especially the one which are almost untouched by the human. Those are the beaches in Southern of Hue city. The drawback of going to these beaches is that they are too far from the city center. However, once you get there, you will know it worth the traveling time. Not many people went there because of the long distance, so the whole beach is all yours. Imagine yourself lying on the golden sand, feeling the cool breeze, and listen to the sound of the waves. And the best thing is, you enjoy it all by yourself, without any noisy crowd or aggressive seller.
If you still unsure about which beach should you choose, these are some best destinations in Hue for you to choose from:
- Lang Co Beach – 70km to the South of Hue city, the most beautiful beach in Vietnam with 10km coastline will please the hardest travelers.
- Hai Duong Beach – 30km to the Southern of the city, a very exotic place as it is wild and fresh. Not many tourists know about Hai Duong beach, but this hidden gem will amaze you once you get here.
- Ham Rong Beach – A unique beach which can impress any visitors. Located in Vinh Hien Commune, Phu Loc, Hue, Ham Rong is a fun getaway place for any nature lovers.
The most favorite waterfalls and springs in Hue
Because of the Bach Ma Mountain, there are many majestic waterfalls in the Hue’s Southern area. These waterfalls in Hue could be a nice bonus to your Bach Ma Mountain trip. By coming here, you will be amazed by the breathtaking scenery of the marvelous waterfall. Here are some suggestions for your journey:
- Elephant Springs (Suoi Voi) – 50km to the South of this lovely city, the Elephant Spring is famous for the elephant-shaped rock and the cool water stream. You can also enjoy many delicious seafood dishes here.
- Dream Waterfall (Thac Mo waterfall) – Located in the middle of the forest, on Nam Dong, A Luoi Hue, Dream Waterfall is exactly like its name, dreamy and poetic. By coming here, you will be surrounded by nature and relax in the cool, fresh water of the stream.
- Nhi Ho Waterfall – This is one of the most beautiful waterfalls on Bach Ma Moutain. As its location is inside Bach Ma National Park, it is more convenient to visit Nhi Ho Waterfall while hiking on Bach Ma Mountain.
Hue countryside – one of the best destinations in Hue
Hue is not only famous for the ancient buildings but also famous for the authentic countryside. In fact, Hue has many villages which each has a different feature, so you will never be bored from seeing Hue countryside. Most villages in Hue have a long history, as in the past, each village will have a different duty, some was responsible for agriculture, some was in charge of making traditional crafts. Therefore, visiting Hue countryside will bring many unique experiences, from seeing the colorful life of local people to knowing how to make traditional crafts.
Here are some suggestions if you want to have a Hue countryside trip:
- Thanh Toan Village – as an agriculture village, Thanh Toan Village has all characteristic of Hue countryside. By coming here, you will see the beautiful rice fields, the famous ancient bridge, and the rice museum. In addition, you can even have a boat trip and learn to cook at an authentic local restaurant.
- Thanh Tien Village – the main income of people in this village is from making paper flowers. The flowers from this village are famous for its beauty and sophistication.
- Sinh Village – A unique place to see the traditional painting of Vietnam, Sinh Village is one of the best destinations in Hue. You will understand more about Vietnamese culture and history here.
- Ancient Pottery Village of Phuoc Tich – If you want to see the traditional way of making pottery products, this is a must-see destination. You can also make some by yourself and bring it home.
How to get there?
Hue countryside is very interesting and authentic, however, the only drawback is that it may be quite far to get to each village. A good way to see all the faraway villages in Hue is on the back of a motorbike with a funny local rider, try our Hue Countryside Tour to have an authentic experience that you may never have. Let’s get on a motorbike to see all the best destinations in Hue city.
Royal night at Hue Citadel – See the marvelous Hue by Night
Walking around Hue Citadel on a hot summer day seems not to be comfortable. However, you can always see it at night, because since 22nd May 2017, you can access Hue Citadel at night. Since the weather is quite cool during the night, so it would be quite pleasant for sightseeing. Even though it is hard to see in the dark, the light system will enhance the beauty of Hue Citadel. Therefore, Hue by Night is gorgeous thanks to the beautiful lights and the charming culture.
Here are some suggestions for a romantic and magical night in Hue:
- Hue Citadel – A must-visit destination for whoever come to Hue. Besides the stunning architecture, there are also several royal performances which can impress you.
- Truong Tien Bridge – The iconic bridge of Hue city, Truong Tien Bridge is one of the best destinations in Hue to relaxing and seeing the Perfume river at night. There is a colorful light system which makes the bridge more shining.
- Dragon Boat – Listen to Hue folk song on a Dragon Boat is a royal activity that everyone should give it a try. In addition, you can enjoy tea or some traditional dishes while sending paper lantern to the river.
- Hue Night Market – If you want to bring home some Hue souvenirs, you can find them at Hue Night Market. It next to Truong Tien Bridge, in the center of the city, so it is quite convenient to get here. Moreover, this is also a nice place for a strolling at night.
How to have the best night in Hue?
Hue is beautiful during the day, but at night, it is even more attractive. If you want something more special, try our Hue by Night Tour for an unforgettable experience. Or if you are a foodie, our Hue Street Food Tour by Night is perfect for you. Let’s join us to explore Hue in an amazing way.